Sunday, June 13, 2010

Which Pepsi Do You Prefer?


The other day I walked into a store to buy a Pepsi. To my surprise I realized that there were several selections of Pepsi cans with various Pepsi designs. One in particular caught my attention. It was simplistic eye catching and overall appealing.
This got me thinking about the other Pepsi designs and why they didn't stand out as much. I think that it is because the other designs had too much going on. Not to say that they are bad designs but I think that the designs of the other cans are too busy and just draw my eyes all over the can instead of focusing it on a major point. Essentially I think that the other cans are too much work for the eyes which makes it less appealing to the consumer.
The Pepsi design that caught my immediate attention was the one in the top right hand corner. The way they use strong, clean contrasting colors with bold and crisp line automatically draws my eyes to that can. Even though there are other designs that are esthetically pleasing I don't believe any are as well designed as that one.
The second design that caught my attention was the one in the bottom row in the center. This design caught my attention simply because of its simplicity. It has an elegant and clean feel to it and the lighter shade of blue just makes it stand out from the other Pepsi cans. Overall these two are my favorite Pepsi designs and I feel as though that the Pepsi company really knows how to draw the attention of their consumer.