Friday, June 18, 2010

Personal Inspiration


Pixel Portrait

This piece is titled Digital Avatar. The applications used to create this piece were Photo Booth and Adobe Illustrator (CS2).Photo Booth was used to take a picture of myself to use as reference, and Illustrator was used to create the actual piece. I feel that this piece was important show to the world because I feel as though it best portrays my ability to learn new skills in a short period of time and use these skills effectively to create great art. The only thing I would change about this piece is the use of the burning tool as a shading mechanism, which I feel didn`t positively benefit the piece. I am particularly happy with this piece because of the way it turned out. I exceedingly like the way my avatar portrays me and I feel as though it actually looks like me, which is why I like it so much, because I accomplished the purpose of assignment. Which was to create a digital pixel representation of yourself. The only aspect of this assignment that I found difficult was matching the actual colors of my face to the colors of my pixel portrait. However once I learned a quick way to extract the same colors from my image and put them onto my pixel portrait I found it easy to complete the assignment, which I found very satisfying.