Friday, June 18, 2010

Typography


The title of this piece is Hyperbole. The application used to create this piece was Adobe Illustrator (CS2). I think that this piece is amazing because it demonstrates my developed skills in Illustrator and my ability to manipulate words and letters in a meaningful and successful way. The main reason I am fond of this piece is because of the way it describes the word not only in the definition, but in the design of it. It allows you to piece together the main definition of the word without knowing the actual definition. Essentially I really like this piece because it meets my personal expectations as well as the expectations of the assignment. If I could change one thing about this piece, I would change the outline color of the text. I would change it from red to a much more vibrant and eye catching color. The thing that I found most about this project was getting started. It was hard for me to come up with a design that described the word in the look of it and not the definition. However with some help from my teacher I was able to create a good piece that I am very proud of.