Friday, June 18, 2010

Shazaam T-shirt Design


Personal Inspiration


This piece is titled Wrongful Separation. The applications that I used to create this design were Adobe Photoshop (CS2), and Adobe Illustrator (CS2). Photoshop was used to create certain affects (filters) on the original photographs, they were then brought into Illustrator where I adjusted certain characteristics of the edited images and laid out my design elements on the page. I believe that this good because it is a good representation of my skill growth from last year to now. I feel as though this piece portrays how much my computer skills have developed since last year because the quality of this piece is far better than anything I believe I could create. I feel that because it looks like something I couldn’t produce it deserves to be recognized because it exceeded all my expectations. It also demonstrates my growth in my Photoshop abilities and my improvement in my Illustrator talents. What I really like about this piece is the bold levels of brightness and contrast and the use of negative space, which I feel is an impactful element and adds more depth to my concept. The only thing I would change about this piece is the missing handcuffs. I would add the handcuffs because it was one of the elements that really strengthened my concept. Unfortunately I was unable to do so because I didn’t have the ability or resources to add it to my piece. I had to overcome a lot of difficulties and challenges in order to finish this piece. I found it difficult to create and position the image of my head in such a way that not only looked good but was purposeful as well. In the end I was able to do so in such a way that made me extremely happy with the end result which was satisfying due to the amount of effort it took to get it to look the way I wanted it to.