Wednesday, October 1, 2008



Chess Piece

For this assignment the objective was to draw a chess piece and create your own background with movement. My chess piece was a king and I mad sure that before I started on my background I made sure that the chess piece was in proportion and lined up. What I did was add value by not only shadowing the chess but also the background. I did this by shading in the lines to the background so that there was no definite line. The theme of my picture was an underwater type background, I created movement with this by varying the thickness of the lines. When I was finished my drawing I had to add touch ups to make that the lines were crisp, and that the shadowing came right up to the line. By doing this you create the illusion of movement and also gave me a professional image. I believe that I meet the requirements that influenced a key part to create this assignment.